Friday, January 30, 2009

Game day preparation

On the day of my match, I don't do a lot different to be honest. It will involve having a light hit/jog in the morning, hydrating myself, chilling out, and maybe watching some of the other matches. Obviously I don't want to be exerting a lot of energy shopping or walking around the city, that can wait for a rest day or after the tournament.

From about 3 days out from the tournament, I try to get a lot of carbs in my meals. Usually brown rice and pasta, brown bread, foods with slower releasing energy. The morning of my match I'll eat what I always eat. When I first started playing tournaments and going to these big hotels with massive buffet breakfasts, I would eat till I burst! I've learned my lesson of the years and now eat as I normaly would. Cereal, toast and juice. Pretty simple. Lunch - maybe a sandwhich or pasta or something. In between I'll snack on fruit, nuts, protein bars...

Then if all goes to plan - win the match!

No comments: