Monday, January 5, 2009

2009

With 2009 off and running, I'm sure a lot of people have made new year's resolutions for themselves. I can't really say I have made any, though squash wise there are a few things I'm trying to improve on. Number 1 would be to get more consistent. Although I had some nice wins in 2008, I also lost to some lower ranked players which I really shouldn't of. I'm really going to work on that this year and try and find some solid consistency.

I'm not a huge goal setter myself. Obviously I have things I want to achieve in the game but I tend to keep them to myself. I have experimented with writing them down, looking over them, and trying to reach them, but I find it didn't work for me. Everyone is different. Some athletes may find they have to write their goals and aims down, otherwise they don't push themselves to reach the top. I feel if I train properly, prepare well and focus on the task at hand, then things should fall into place. I can say that my biggest aim of 2009, is to play better than 2008!

Cam Pilley

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to know how is your phisical preparation for Tournament of champions. Your routine day and what eat before a match!
Thanks for all

Cameron said...

G'day Diego, thanks for the comment.
My next post should answer your question. Let me know if you have any other questions...
Cam

Anonymous said...

Hi Cameron, thanks for your answer! I have a video Of British Open 2005 between Jonathon Power and you! I like this match because I don`t understand yet how it was possible lost 0-3 because you played very very well!!

Anonymous said...

Ah! Good luck today!